TV NIGHTS

PRIME-TIME TV LINEUPS OF ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, THE CW AND OTHERS. FALL LINEUPS, MID-SEASON, SPRING AND SUMMER.

Friday, September 09, 2005

TV Nights - The Book

Looks like I now may be getting around to posting more lineups beginning Monday, September 26. Any requests for a particular month and year?

And since I have all the network TV primetime schedules going back to the fall of 1945, there is the possibility of my compiling them into a book or e-book. There would be 240 schedule grids outlining all of the programming that appeared and changes that were made in precise detail. Additionally, there would be separate charts only for the official Fall lineups of each year, as well as complete annual rundowns of Nielsen ratings, various timeline graphs pertaining to fads and genres, and other kinds of relevant, trivial and quirky statistical data. In other words, it would be as comprehensive a book as you can imagine on how primetime was scheduled across six decades. Let me know if this is something that would be of interest to you since I'm making this query as a feasibility study. It may end up costing a publisher a ton of money to produce it even as a softcover 9"x12" book, but on the other hand, it may be more cost-efficient to produce it myself as an e-book and sell it over the net at a much cheaper price. But, I would imagine that e-books themselves might have their own share of headaches to deal with. Ideas, suggestions and advice of any kind are welcome, as one way or another I would like to get to see this thing end up in people's hands sometime within a year.

As for any resumption of this blog, I think I'm waiting till the start of the new TV season, September 19, before I might begin adding new lineups again. Thanks for checking in in the meantime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home